How to change DNS Servers in Ubuntu Linux
- Left-click Network Manager icon from the System Tray
- Click “Edit Connections” from the menu
- Select the appropriate tab (“Wired/Wireless“) depending on your connection
- Double-click your connection
- Select the IPv4 or IPv6 tab depending on your connection (if you’re not sure, you’re probably using IPv4)
- Change the “Method” to “Automatic (DHCP) addresses only”
- In the DNS servers box, enter two servers from here separated by a comma.
- Click “Save“
- Disconnect and reconnect to your network; restart your browser.
You should now be using OpenNIC; try visiting a domain on an OpenNIC TLD like grep.geek or seek.geek.